Instructions for Conducting Banks’ Activities via Electronic Means Circular No. (8/2001)
Lays out provisions in regards to Jordan’s e-banking system.
Amongst other things, recommends the following in regards to e-banking:
– Banks should adhere to existing banking legislation when applied to electronic means.
– Recommendations for banks when conducting electronic activities, including recommended commitments to staff, procedures, hardware and software
– Systems for review and dealing with emergencies
– Need to regulate the contractual relationship between the bank and the client
– Insuring risks of electronic activities