From American Banker By Eric Fishcer October 28, 2014 Board members at smaller banks often...
Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Credit Information System Act No. 9510
(enacted in 2009)
Implementing Rules and Regulations of the Credit Information System Act No. 9510 of 2009 provides details on the establishment of a credit information system, the Central Credit Information Corporation, in the Philippines and addresses other matters related to credit information.
The regulations include the following topics:
- Definition of terms;
- Submitting entities and the data to be submitted;
- Establishment of the Central Credit Information Corporation;
- Confidentiality of Credit Information;
- Educational Campaigns;
- Rules and Regulations;
- Congressional Oversight Committee;
- Indemnity in favor of the corporation, its officers, and employees;
- Inviolable nature of the secrecy of bank deposits and/or client funds;
- Principal Government Agency;
- Annual Report of the corporation; and
- Effectivity Clause.