From CapeNews.Net By ELIZABETH W. SAITO August 8, 2014 Forty years ago today, President Richard M.
Government Gazette of the Hellenic Republic Issue, Law Number 3606
Law concerning markets for financial instruments and other provisions
– Credit institutions included (bottom of pg. 12)
– Provision for the Protection of Investors (pg. 40)
– Authorization and operating conditions for an Investment societe anonyme, a type of business classification referred to him in the law as an AEPEY’s
– Provisions for the protection of investors
– Rights of investment firms, including the freedom to provide investment services and activities as long as the firms are authorized and supervised by the appropriate authorities
– Establishes, and discusses rules of, Investment Intermediary Societes Anonymes (referred to as AEED’s)
– Gives market authorization to the Capital Market Commission
– Market Transparency and Integrity
– Powers of, and cooperation between, authorities. This most significantly details the relationship between the Bank of Greece and the Capital Market Commission.
– International Cooperation