From Business Insider By Linette Lopez February 27, 2014 Yesterday, Max Baucus (D-MT) and Dave Camp (R-MI)...
Federal Law No. 395-I of 1990 on Banks and Banking Activities
(amended through 2009)
Federal Law No. 395-I of 1990 on Banks and Banking Activities governs banks and banking activities in Russia.
The law is organized as follows:
- General provisions;
- Procedure for registration of credit organizations and licensing of banking operations;
- Ensuring stability of the banking system, protection of rights, and interests of depositors and creditors of credit organizations;
- Inter-bank relations and services to clients;
- Branches, representative offices, and subsidiary organizations of a credit organization on the territory of a foreign state;
- Savings operations such as:
- Bank deposits of natural persons;
- Bank depositors;
- System of obligatory insurance of deposits of natural persons in banks;
- Voluntary deposit insurance funds; and
- Accounting work in credit organizations and control over their activities.