From CapeNews.Net By ELIZABETH W. SAITO August 8, 2014 Forty years ago today, President Richard M.
Electronic Transactions Act No. 27
(enacted in 2008)
The Electronic Transactions Act No. 27 of 2008 regulates secure electronic transactions in Nepal.
This act discusses the following:
- Chapter 1 Preliminary: defines language within the act;
- Chapter 2 Provisions relating to the electronic record and digital signature;
- Chapter 3 Provisions relating to dispatch, receipt and acknowledgement of electronic records;
- Chapter 4 Provisions relating to controller and certifying authority;
- Chapter 5 Provisions relating to digital signature and certificates;
- Chapter 6 Functions: duties and rights of subscriber;
- Chapter 7 Electronic record and government use of digital signature;
- Chapter 8 Provisions relating to network service;
- Chapter 9 Offences related to computers;
- Chapter 10 Provisions relating to information technology tribunal;
- Chapter 11 Provisions relating to information technology appellate tribunal; and
- Chapter 12 Miscellaneous.