From RT July 23, 2014 After the major headline hogging BRICS summit, the next...
Consumer Protection Act No. 68
(enacted in 2008)
Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 establishes norms and standards relating to consumer protection, such as prohibiting unfair business practices and improving consumer information standards.
This act addresses the following topics:
- Interpretation, Purpose, and Application;
- Fundamental Consumer Rights;
- Protection of Consumer Rights and Consumer’s Voice;
- Business Names and Industry Codes of Conduct;
- National Consumer Protection Institutions;
- Enforcement of Act; and
- General Provisions.