From CapeNews.Net By ELIZABETH W. SAITO August 8, 2014 Forty years ago today, President Richard M.
Companies and Allied Matters Act (Chapter 59)
(enacted in 1990)
The Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 establishes the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and provides for the incorporation and registration of companies in Nigeria.
This act discusses the following topics:
- Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Incorporation of companies and incidental matters;
- Acts by and on behalf of companies;
- Membership of company;
- Share capital;
- Meetings and proceedings of companies;
- Directors and secretaries of companies;
- Protection of minorities against illegal and oppressive conduct;
- Financial statement of audit;
- Annual returns;
- Dividends and profits;
- Receivers and managers;
- Winding up of companies;
- Arrangements and compromise;
- Business names; and
- Incorporated trustees.