Branchless Banking Regulations
(amended through 2011)
Branchless Banking Regulations, issued by the Banking Policy & Regulations Department of the State Bank of Pakistan, contain guidelines for branchless banking in Pakistan. They were issued in 2008 and amended in June 2011 with changes aimed at expanding the outreach of branchless banking operations.
The guidelines are divided into the following sections:
- Permissible Branchless Banking Models and Activities;
- Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence;
- Key Roles & Responsibility;
- Agents-Assisted Banking;
- Use of Technology Service Providers;
- Risk Management Program;
- Customer Protection and Awareness; and
- Branchless Banking Procedures.