From CapeNews.Net By ELIZABETH W. SAITO August 8, 2014 Forty years ago today, President Richard M.
Branchless Banking Regulations (old version)
(enacted in 2008)
Branchless Banking Regulations, issued by the Banking Policy & Regulations Department of the State Bank of Pakistan, contain guidelines for branchless banking in Pakistan.
The guidelines are divided into the following sections:
- Permissible Branchless Banking Models and Activities;
- Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence;
- Key Roles & Responsibility;
- Agents-Assisted Banking;
- Use of Third-Party Service Providers;
- Risk Management Program;
- Customer Protection and Awareness; and
- Branchless Banking Procedures.