From Cognoscenti By Mark T. Williams December 5, 2013 Bitcoin is not a futuristic currency...
Banks Act No. 94 of 1990
(amended through 2003)
The Banks Act No. 94 of 1990 deals in particular with the business of banks and the taking of deposits in South Africa.
This act is organized as follows:
- Chapter I Interpretation and Application of Act;
- Chapter II Administration of Act;
- Chapter III Authorization to Establish, and Registration and Cancellation of Registration of, Banks;
- Chapter IV Shareholding in, and Registration of Controlling Companies in Respect of, Banks;
- Chapter V Functioning of Banks and Controlling Companies with Reference to Companies Act;
- Chapter VI Prudential Requirements;
- Chapter VII Provisions Relating to Aspects of the Conduct of the Business of a Bank;
- Chapter VIII Control of Certain Activities of Unregistered Person; and
- Chapter IX General Provisions.