Society of Grownups at Boston University! Dear Students, Between classes, final exams, and applying...
Financial Education Task Force
Many Boston University faculty and staff recognize that the majority of students are not adequately prepared for making the many financial decisions that they will encounter while in school, as well as after graduation and throughout their adult lives. Therefore, financial planning and preparedness should begin as early as possible so that students can make wise choices when considering an advanced degree, acquiring credit cards, managing debt, or addressing the many other financial issues they will face.
To coordinate efforts and explore how best to prepare well informed and therefore more empowered BU students and graduates, in the fall of 2012 the Financial Education Task Force (“Task Force”) was convened under the auspices of the BU Center for Finance, Law & Policy. The plan generated by the Task Force is to create online financial education modules to which all BU students will have access, and which schools and colleges within BU can access and either incorporate into existing curricula or require students to complete to earn a certificate.
Task Force Members
- Nancy R. Ahern, Assistant Director, Center for Professional Education
- Timothy Barbari, Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs
- Zvi Bodie, Professor, School of Management
- Nancy Coleman, Director, Distance Education, Metropolitan College
- Cheryl Constantine, Director, Financial Aid, School of Law
- Janelle Heineke, Chair, Department of Operations & Technology, School of Education, Director, Center for Excellence in Innovation & Teaching
- Cornelius Hurley, Director, Center for Finance, Law & Policy
- Steven Jarvi, Associate Dean, Student Academic Life, College of Arts & Sciences
- Laurence Kotlikoff, Professor, Economics, College of Arts & Sciences
- Elizabeth Loizeaux, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs
- Christine McGuire, Associate Vice President, Enrollment and Student Affairs
- Marcel Rindisbacher, Chairman, Finance Department, School of Management
- Ruth Shane, Director, Public Schools Collaborative, School of Education
- Aaron Stevens, Professor, Computer Science, College of Arts & Sciences
- David Stolow, Professor, Director, Public and Nonprofit MBA Program, School of Management
- V. Scott Solberg, Associate Dean for Research, School of Education
- Carolyn Tomin, Director, Financial Planning Programs, Metropolitan College
- Julie Wickstrom, Director, Financial Assistance