- Determinants of drinking trajectories among minority youth and young adults: The interaction of risk and resilience. Bernstein, J., Graczyck, A., Lawrence, D., Bernstein, E., & Strunin, L. (2011). […] Youth and Society, 43(4), 1199-1219.
- A preliminary report of knowledge translation: Lessons from taking screening and brief intervention techniques from the research setting into regional systems of care. Bernstein, E., Topp, D., Shaw, E., Girard, C., Pressman, K., Woolcock, E., et al. (2009). […] Academic Emergency Medicine, 16(11), 1225-1233.
- Screening and brief intervention to reduce marijuana use among youth and young adults in a pediatric emergency department. Bernstein, E., Edwards, E., Dorfman, D., Heeren, T., Bliss, C., & Bernstein, J. (2009). […] Academic Emergency Medicine, 16(11), 1174-1185.
- Brief motivational intervention at a clinic visit reduces cocaine and heroin use. Bernstein, J., Bernstein, E., Tassiopoulos, K., Heeren, T., Levenson, S., & Hingson, R. (2005). […] Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 77, 49-59.
- Alcohol and other drugs of abuse. Bernstein, E., Bernstein, J., Fernandez, W., & D’Onofrio, G. (2011). […] In J. E. Tintinalli, et al. (Eds.), Emergency medicine: A comprehensive study guide (7th ed., pp. 1967-1974). New York: McGraw Hill.
- Project ASSERT: An ED model of health promotion and substance abuse detection, intervention, and referral to treatment. Bernstein, E., Burton, G., Bernstein, J., Barry, D., Dyson-Mounds, J., Payne, S., et al. (1996). […] In E. Bernstein & J. Bernstein (Eds.), Case studies in emergency medicine and the health of the public (pp. 270-279). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
Grants that supported the research, practice and dissemination efforts of the BNI-ART Institute:
– NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 2005 and 2011.
– MASBIRT HPA training grant: MA DPH BSAS 1U79T1018311-01.
– MA ED-SBIRT grant: MA DPH BSAS (RFR703015), 2006-2012.
– BU Youth Alcohol Prevention Center and NIDA Marijuana Supplement for Project RAP study: 1P60 AA 013759-05.
– NIAAA ED Alcohol SBIRT R25 AA 014957, 2004-2007.
– RWJ JoinTogether, 1999-2005; and RWJ 024341 to Dr. Ralph Hingson, 2001.
– NIDA R01 DA 10792-05, 1998-2003.
-Project ASSERT grant: SAMHSA CSAT Critical Populations, 1993-1998.