Cell and Tissue Mechanics
Fundamental and applied research of soft tissue rheology and mechanical properties of cells:
- Measuring and modeling mechanical properties of the cytoskeleton of living cells and its interactions with the extracellular matrix.
- Measuring and modeling rheological behaviors of living cells.
- Modeling of pneumatic osteoarthritis knee brace.
- Measurements and nonlinear modeling of the dynamic stress-strain relationship of soft tissues, in particular, of lung tissues.
- Image processing of fluorescently labeled components (such as collagen and elastin fibers) of tissues.
- Nonlinear dynamic modeling of various physiological phenomena such as avalanche mechanism of airway reopening.