Post-BS PhD Program
Students coming straight from a BS degree to PhD Program must take at least eight structured courses (32 credits). Students also get credit for research, and must have a total of at least 64 credits to graduate.
- BE 605: Molecular Bioengineering
- BE 606: Quantitative Physiology for Engineers
- BE 790: Biomedical Engineering Seminar
- BE 791: BME PhD Laboratory Rotation System
- BE 792: Literature Review
- Math Requirement from approved list
- Three BE graduate-level electives
- Two graduate-level technical electives
- Research credits (minimum 12; technical electives can substitute for remaining credits)
In addition to credit requirements, each student must:
- successfully pass the oral qualifier exam
- serve as a teaching fellow for two semesters
- successfully propose and defend an original body of dissertation work
Application and Deadlines
PhD candidates must complete an online application (http://www.bu.edu/eng/admissions/grad/apply/), provide GRE scores, two letters of reference, a resume, and a statement of purpose (essay). Applications are due by December 15th for both domestic and international students.
Any inquiries related to applications and/or receipt of supplemental application materials should be directed to the Graduate Programs Office via email or at (617) 353-9760.
For additional information about the PhD program, contact Christen Bailey (email@example.com).