Transferring Course Credits to BU

Please review the CAS requirements for transferring credits.

  • For Biology courses, please follow the transfer credit instructions here.
  • For Chemistry courses, submit a CAS Transfer Course Equivalency form and the course syllabus with the Chemistry Undergraduate Program Coordinator in 590 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 299.

Study Abroad Credits:

Review the Abroad website link, “Receiving Credits,” for detailed instructions on how to transfer credits from your study abroad program.

  • To get Biology credit for a completed BU study abroad course, use the Department Petition on the Biology Forms webpage.
  • To get Chemistry credit, check with the Chemistry Undergraduate Program Coordinator.

Transfer Credit Appeal

If you feel there has been a mistake in the evaluation of your transfer course, fill out the Transfer Credit Appeal Form. Submit the form and the course syllabus to the appropriate BU department.

Please note: Transfer course evaluations are carefully considered. Your appeal may be denied if the original evaluation is found to be accurate in regards to the course’s topics and level.