Reviewing Degree Requirements
BMB requirements are listed in the Bulletin. CAS requirements can also be found in the Bulletin. Two helpful planning documents are the advising worksheets listed on the Major Guidelines page and the upcoming semester’s Biology Course Directory.
Are You Changing your Major?
Switching Majors within CAS
If you have already filled out the Major/Minor Declaration form to switch majors, you should meet with an advisor in your new department to schedule classes. Your new department’s advisor can look up your code on the Link.
- Students who are considering a change should meet with their BMB advisor as well as an advisor in the department they are looking to transfer to. To receive your registration code, you need to bring a plan signed by an advisor in your new department to the main Biology office at 5 Cummington Mall, Room 101 during one of the drop-in hours listed under “Registration Code Pickup Times.”
Speak with an advisor in your new college about the process for registration. If you still need an advising code from CAS, bring a plan signed by an advisor in your new department to the main Biology office at 5 Cummington Mall, Room 101 during one of the drop-in hours listed on this page under “Registration Code Pickup Times.”
Current Freshmen Registration
Freshmen are REQUIRED to attend one of the Freshmen Advising Sessions in order to receive their unique 6-digit registration code.
At the meeting, freshmen will meet with their advisor Stacy Straaberg Finfrock as well as BMB Director Dr. Celenza to discuss their academic plans for sophomore year.
Mandatory Freshmen Advising Dates:
Tues. Oct. 25 3:30 to 4:30pm (BRB 113)
Wed. Oct. 26 3:00 to 4:00pm (BRB 113)
At the end of freshman year students will be assigned a BMB faculty advisor. Students are welcome to meet with a faculty member sooner and should email Stacy Straaberg Finfrock to make the arrangement.
Senior Advising Week is October 17-21
Junior Advising Week is October 24-28
Sophomore Advising Week is October 31-November 4
1. Use AdvisorTrac to sign up for an appointment with your faculty advisor during YOUR week (listed above). If your advisor does not have availability, please email him/her directly to set up a time to meet. If you do not have an advisor, email Diana Hughes.
The following Chemistry BMB advisors do not use AdvisorTrac, so students will need to email them directly to set up an advising appointment.
- Dr. Caradonna
- Dr. Liu
- Dr. Schaus
- Dr. Whitty (on sabbatical; please meet with your secondary advisor found in the Student Link)
2. Meet with your advisor to discuss your course schedule. Have him/her sign your advising worksheet or Reg. form to approve your written plan for next semester. Tip: Come up with a rough course schedule before your advising appointment.
3. To get your registration code, bring your SIGNED advising worksheet/Reg. form to the main Biology office (5 Cummington Mall, Room 101) during the Registration Code Pickup Times listed on this webpage.
Tip: You do not need to make an appointment to pick up your registration code. You may view code pick up times under Registration Code Pickup Times. When you come to pick up your code, please feel free to discuss any other questions/concerns you may have with Stacy.
Registration Code Pickup Times
Registration Code Pickup Times
Bring your SIGNED schedule to the main Biology office at 5 Cummington Mall, Room 101 during one of the specific times outlined below.
NOTE: You do not need to make an appointment to pick up your registration code. When you come to pick up your code, please feel free to discuss any other questions/concerns you may have with Stacy.
Week of October 17
Wednesday, Oct. 19: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Thursday, Oct. 20: 9:30am – 11:30am
Friday, Oct. 21: 9:30am – 11:30am and 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Week of October 24
Monday, Oct. 24: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Tuesday, Oct. 25: 9:00am – 11:00am and 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Wednesday, Oct. 26: 9:30am – 11:30am
Thursday, Oct. 27: 11:00am – 1:00pm and 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Friday, Oct. 28: 9:30am – 12:30pm and 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Week of October 31
Monday, Oct. 31: 12:30pm – 3:30pm
Tuesday, Nov. 1: 11:30am – 2:30pm
Wednesday, Nov. 2: 10:30am – 1:30pm
Thursday, Nov. 3: 9:30am – 12:00pm and 2:30pm – 4:30pm
Friday, Nov. 4: 9:30am – 12:00pm and 3:00pm – 5:00pm