In planning for next semester’s courses, review the Bulletin which is the authority on all major requirements. You can also use the BMB major guidelines worksheet here and the upcoming semester’s Biology Course Directory.
Are You Changing your Major?
If you have already filled out the Major/Minor Declaration form to switch CAS majors or completed the intra-University transfer process to switch colleges
Meet with an advisor in your new department to schedule classes. Your new department’s advisor can access your registration code on the Link.
If you have not completed the paperwork to switch majors or colleges
Meet first with an advisor in your new department, then bring your signed schedule to the main Biology office at 5 Cummington Mall, Room 101 to receive your registration code.
Current Freshmen Registration
You are REQUIRED to attend one of the below Freshmen Advising Meetings in order to receive your unique 6-digit registration code.
Mandatory Freshmen Advising Meetings (choose one):
- Monday, March 20, from 4-5pm (24 Cummington, Room 103)
- Thursday, March 23, from 2:30-3:30pm (24 Cummington, Room 103)
At the meeting, you will meet with Stacy Straaberg Finfrock as well as BMB Director Dr. Celenza to discuss your academic plan as well as various program opportunities.
Note: In spring semester, you change advisors from Stacy to a BMB faculty advisor.
Rising Juniors & Seniors Advising Week is April 3-7
Rising Sophomores Advising Weeks are April 10-21
1. Use AdvisorTrac to sign up for an appointment with your faculty advisor during YOUR advising week (listed above). If your advisor does not have availability, please email him/her directly to set up a time to meet. If you do not have an advisor, email Diana Hughes.
2. Meet with your advisor to discuss your course schedule. Be sure to come to the meeting prepared by bringing your Transcript, Degree Advice Report, Biology Course Directory, and major guidelines worksheet. Your advisor will have your registration code, though you may stop by the main Biology office to ask Stacy any additional questions.
Please note: the following Chemistry BMB advisors do not use AdvisorTrac, so students will need to email them directly to set up an advising appointment.
- Dr. Caradonna
- Dr. Liu
- Dr. Schaus
- Dr. Whitty (on sabbatical; please meet with your secondary advisor found in the Student Link)
Study Abroad Registration
For students CURRENTLY abroad:
Schedule a phone/video meeting with your advisor or email back and forth regarding your course schedule. Once a set of courses has been mutually decided on, your advisor can provide you with your registration code.
For students who are GOING abroad:
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming semester, you should still attend a freshmen group meeting or meet with your advisor to go over your plan for next semester and the semester you return to campus. It’s advised to register for a backup plan of courses for next semester in case you do not end up going abroad.
Please review the full list of Abroad Registration instructions before your departure.