Transferring Biology Course Credits

For non-CAS students, please review your college’s policies on transferring credits. Detailed information about transfer credit policies can be found in your college’s bulletin.

CAS Students:

CAS Transfer Credit Policy

Non-biology courses should be submitted to the appropriate departments. For example, math courses should be submitted to the Math Department, physics courses should be submitted to the Physics Dept., etc.

Transferring external biology course credits TO Boston University:

1. Complete the Transfer Course Equivalency form.

2. Submit a FULL course syllabus, including the weekly lecture topics covered and textbook information. If the course has a lab, you must also submit a FULL lab syllabus including the weekly lab topics covered and lab manual information.

3. Drop off the application in the Main Biology Office located at 5 Cummington Mall, Room 101. You may also email a PDF version of your application to Portia Ross.


  • Submitting a course description will NOT be sufficient and will NOT be reviewed.
  • You may need to contact the professor directly to obtain a copy of the syllabus.
  • The review process can take up to two weeks so please plan accordingly.

Transferring Credits From Your Study Abroad Program:

Review the Abroad website link, “Receiving Credits,” for detailed instructions on how to transfer credits from your Study Abroad program. The information required above is also required for biology courses offered through study abroad programs.