Details on the application process are listed below.
Before proceeding, please verify your eligibility:
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident*
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Have an undergraduate degree in science, engineering, technology or math (STEM) or healthcare
- Have a professional resume (work in STEM or healthcare is desirable)
- Demonstrate competency in English and Math
* a limited number of seats are available for tuition-paying non-residents.
- Attend an information session after signing up at www.bu.edu/biosci
- Email the following to BioSci@bu.edu
a) Your professional resume. Before emailing, save your resume as a PDF with your full name.
b) Descriptions of two jobs in the biomedical field that you will be eligible for after completing the BioScience Academy program. To identify appropriate jobs, look for positions that match your educational background and skills you have obtained in previous jobs. The type of positions an individual finds depends on his/her professional background.
c) Please copy and paste each job description into a Word document and send as an attachment. Make sure to include the job title, requirements and the name of the company. The Mass Biotech Council (www.massbio.org) lists jobs and links to biotech companies.
- Mail (to address below) application, which includes:
a) The 2016 BSA Application
b) A typed essay describing how you believe the program will help you leverage your background for a job in the biomedical field
c) Two professional recommendations (references from co-workers, family or friends will not be accepted
d) Transcripts from all institutions of higher education. (Copies of transcripts are accepted initially. However, if you are accepted into the program, official transcripts must be provided. Transcripts from foreign institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services (www.wes.org) or Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org)
- Interview with BSA staff.
- Demonstrate English and math competency. Download a math review from www.bu.edu/biosci
If accepted into the program, you will be asked to complete and submit:
- Documents verifying your eligibility
- Official academic transcripts as described above
- Vaccination records
- Scholarship and/ or financial aid forms
Mail application to:
Boston University School of Medicine
72 East Concord Street, R-1020
Boston, Massachusetts 02118