Graduate Student Publications
Graduate Students in bold; Mentors in italics.
- DiBenedictis BT, Olugbemi AO, Baum MJ and Cherry JA (2014) 6-hydroxydopamine lesions of the anteromedial ventral striatum impair opposite-sex urinary odor preference in female mice. Behavioral Brain Research, 2014, 274:243-247.
- Sullivan SE, Dillon GM, Sullivan JM, Ho A (2014) Mint proteins are required for synaptic activity-dependent amyloid precursor protein (APP) trafficking and amyloid b generation. Journal of Biological Chemistry, in press.
- Muscedere, ML, Djermoun, A, Traniello, JFA “Brood-care experience, nursing performance, and neural development in the ant Pheidole dentate” Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, May 2013, Volume 67, Issue 5, pp 775-784
- Etchegaray, J.I.,* Timmons, A.,* Klein, A., Pritchett, T.L., Welch, E., Li, C., and McCall, K. Draper acts through the JNK pathway to control synchronous engulfment of dying germline cells by epithelial cells. Development 139:4029-4039. (*co-first authors)
- Muscedere ML, Traniello JFA (2012). Division of labor in the hyperdiverse ant genus Pheidole is associated with distinct patterns of worker brain organization. PLoS One
- Blom J, Giove T, Deshpande M, Eldred WD. “Characterization of nitric oxide signaling pathways in the mouse retina” J Comp Neurol. 2012 Dec 15;520(18):4204-17. doi: 10.1002/cne.23148.
- Chaufty, J*, Sullivan, SE*, and Ho, A. “Intracellular APP Sorting and Aβ Secretion are Regulated by Src-mediated Phosphorylation of Mint2.” J Neurosci. (2012 Jul 11;32(28):9613-25; * equal contribution).
- Beffert U, Dillon GM, Sullivan JM, Stuart CE, Gilbert JP, Kambouris JA, Ho A (2012) Microtubule plus-end tracking protein CLASP2 regulates neuronal polarity and synaptic function. Journal of Neuroscience, 32: 13906-13916.
- Amato S, Man HY (2011). Bioenergy sensing in the brain: the role of AMP-activated protein kinase in neuronal metabolism, development and neurological diseases. Cell Cycle 10:3452-3460.
- Amato S, Liu X, Zheng B, Cantley L, Rakic P, Man HY (2011). AMP-activated protein kinase regulates neuronal polarization by interfering with PI 3-kinase localization. Science 332:247-251.
- DiBenedictis BT, Ingraham KI, Baum MJ, Cherry JA (2011). Disruption of urinary odor preference and lordosis behavior in female mice given lesions of the medial amygdala. Physiology & Behavior 105(2):554-9.
- Hou Q, Gilbert J, Man HY (2011). Homeostatic regulation of AMPA receptor trafficking and degradation by light-controlled single-synaptic activation. Neuron 72:806-818.
- Lin A, Hou Q, Jarzylo L, Amato S, Gilbert J, Shang F, Man HY (2011). Nedd4-mediated AMPA receptor ubiquitination regulates receptor turnover and trafficking. J Neurochem. 119(1):27-39.
- Muscedere ML, Johnson N, Kamhi JF, Gillis BC, Traniello JFA (2011). Serotonin modulates worker responsiveness to trail pheromone in the ant Pheidole dentata. J. Comp. Physiol., DOI 10.1007/s00359-011-0701-2
- Diao F, Chaufty J, Waro G, Tsunoda S (2010). SIDL interacts with the dendritic targeting motif of Shal (Kv4) K+ channels in /Drosophila/. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 45: 75-83.
- Giove TJ, Sena-Esteves M, Eldred WD (2010). Transduction of the inner mouse retina using AAVrh8 and AAVrh10 via intravitreal injection. Exp. Eye Res., 91-652-659.
- Blom JT, Blute TA, Eldred WD (2009). Functional localization of the nitric oxide/cGMP pathway in the salamander retina. Vis. Neurosci., 26:275-286.
- Carey RC, Wesson DW, Verhagen JV, Pirez N, Wachowiak M (2009). Temporal structure of receptor neuron input to the olfactory bulb imaged in behaving rats. J Neurophysiol 101:1073-1088.
- GioveTJ, Deshpande MM, Eldred WD (2009). Identification of alternate transcripts of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the mouse retina. J. Neurosci. Res., 87: 3134-3142.
- Giove TJ, Deshpande MM, Gagen CS, Eldred WD (2009). Increased neuronal nitric oxide synthase activity in retinal neurons in early diabetic retinopathy. Molecular Vis., 15:2249-2258.
- Zhang D, Hou Q, Wang M, Lin A, Jarzylo L, Navis A, Raissi A, Liu F, Man HY (2009). Na,K-ATPase activity regulates AMPA receptor turnover through proteasome-mediated proteolysis. J Neurosci 29:4498-4511.
- Muscedere ML, Seid M, Johnson N, Willey T, Gillis B, Traniello JFA (2009). Brains, neurotransmitters, nursing, and foraging in the ant Pheidole dentata. Integrative and Comparative Biology 49: E122-E122.
- Pong WW, Eldred WD (2009). Interactions of the gaseous neuromodulators nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen sulfide in the salamander retina. J. Neurosci. Res., 87:2356-2364.
- Wesson DW, Verhagen JV, & Wachowiak M (2009). Why sniff fast? The relationship between sniff frequency, odor discrimination and receptor neuron activation in the rat. J Neurophysiol 101:1089-1102.
- Yu HJ & Yamaguchi A (2009). 5-HT 2C-like receptors in the brain of Xenopus laevis initiate sex-typical vocalizations. Journal of Neurophysiology 102(2):752-65.