Graduate Student Publications
Graduate Students in bold; Mentors in italics.
- Muscedere ML, Traniello JFA (2012). Division of labor in the hyperdiverse ant genus Pheidole is associated with distinct patterns of worker brain organization. PLoS One, in press.
- Amato S, Man HY (2011). Bioenergy sensing in the brain: the role of AMP-activated protein kinase in neuronal metabolism, development and neurological diseases. Cell Cycle 10:3452-3460.
- Amato S, Liu X, Zheng B, Cantley L, Rakic P, Man HY (2011). AMP-activated protein kinase regulates neuronal polarization by interfering with PI 3-kinase localization. Science 332:247-251.
- DiBenedictis BT, Ingraham KI, Baum MJ, Cherry JA (2011). Disruption of urinary odor preference and lordosis behavior in female mice given lesions of the medial amygdala. Physiology & Behavior 105(2):554-9.
- Hou Q, Gilbert J, Man HY (2011). Homeostatic regulation of AMPA receptor trafficking and degradation by light-controlled single-synaptic activation. Neuron 72:806-818.
- Lin A, Hou Q, Jarzylo L, Amato S, Gilbert J, Shang F, Man HY (2011). Nedd4-mediated AMPA receptor ubiquitination regulates receptor turnover and trafficking. J Neurochem. 119(1):27-39.
- Muscedere ML, Johnson N, Kamhi JF, Gillis BC, Traniello JFA (2011). Serotonin modulates worker responsiveness to trail pheromone in the ant Pheidole dentata. J. Comp. Physiol., DOI 10.1007/s00359-011-0701-2
- Diao F, Chaufty J, Waro G, Tsunoda S (2010). SIDL interacts with the dendritic targeting motif of Shal (Kv4) K+ channels in /Drosophila/. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 45: 75-83.
- Giove TJ, Sena-Esteves M, Eldred WD (2010). Transduction of the inner mouse retina using AAVrh8 and AAVrh10 via intravitreal injection. Exp. Eye Res., 91-652-659.
- Blom JT, Blute TA, Eldred WD (2009). Functional localization of the nitric oxide/cGMP pathway in the salamander retina. Vis. Neurosci., 26:275-286.
- Carey RC, Wesson DW, Verhagen JV, Pirez N, Wachowiak M (2009). Temporal structure of receptor neuron input to the olfactory bulb imaged in behaving rats. J Neurophysiol 101:1073-1088.
- GioveTJ, Deshpande MM, Eldred WD (2009). Identification of alternate transcripts of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the mouse retina. J. Neurosci. Res., 87: 3134-3142.
- Giove TJ, Deshpande MM, Gagen CS, Eldred WD (2009). Increased neuronal nitric oxide synthase activity in retinal neurons in early diabetic retinopathy. Molecular Vis., 15:2249-2258.
- Zhang D, Hou Q, Wang M, Lin A, Jarzylo L, Navis A, Raissi A, Liu F, Man HY (2009). Na,K-ATPase activity regulates AMPA receptor turnover through proteasome-mediated proteolysis. J Neurosci 29:4498-4511.
- Muscedere ML, Seid M, Johnson N, Willey T, Gillis B, Traniello JFA (2009). Brains, neurotransmitters, nursing, and foraging in the ant Pheidole dentata. Integrative and Comparative Biology 49: E122-E122.
- Pong WW, Eldred WD (2009). Interactions of the gaseous neuromodulators nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen sulfide in the salamander retina. J. Neurosci. Res., 87:2356-2364.
- Wesson DW, Verhagen JV, & Wachowiak M (2009). Why sniff fast? The relationship between sniff frequency, odor discrimination and receptor neuron activation in the rat. J Neurophysiol 101:1089-1102.
- Yu HJ & Yamaguchi A (2009). 5-HT 2C-like receptors in the brain of Xenopus laevis initiate sex-typical vocalizations. Journal of Neurophysiology 102(2):752-65.
- Hou Q, Huang Y, Amato S, Snyder SH, Huganir RL, Man H-Y (2008). Regulation of AMPA receptor localization in lipid rafts. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, in press
- Cheung MC, Carey RC, Wachowiak M (2008). A method for generating natural and user-defined sniffing patterns in anesthetized or reduced preparations. Chem Senses 34:63-76.
- Hou Q, Zhang D, Jarzylo L, Huganir RL,Man H-Y (2008). Homeostatic regulation of AMPA receptor expression at single hippocampal synapses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 105: 775-780
- Martel KL, Baum MJ (2008). A centrifugal pathway to the mouse accessory olfactory bulb from the medial amygdala conveys gender-specific volatile pheromonal signals. Eur J Neurosci 29:168-76.
- Northop LE, Erskine MS (2008). Selective oxytocin receptor activation in the ventrolateral portion of the ventromedial hypothalamus is required for mating-induced pseudopregnancy in the female rat. Endocrinology 149: 836-842
- Oberlander JG, Erskine MS (2008). Receipt of vaginal-cervical stimulation modifies synapsin
content in limbic areas of the female rat. Neuroscience 153: 581-593
- Pírez N, Wachowiak M (2008). In vivo modulation of sensory input to the olfactory bulb by tonic and activity-dependent presynaptic inhibition of receptor neurons. Journal of Neuroscience, 28(25):6360-6371.
- Seid M, Li C, Goode K, Traniello JFA (2008). Age- and subcaste -related patterns of serotonergic immunoreactivity in the optic lobes of the ant Pheidole dentata. Developmental Neurobiology 68:1325-1333.
- Wesson DW, Donahou TN, Johnson MO, Wachowiak M (2008). Sniffing behavior of mice during performance in odor-guided tasks. Chem Senses 33:581-596.
- Wesson DW, Carey RC, Verhagen JV, Wachowiak M (2008). Rapid encoding and perception of novel odors in the rat. PLoS Biology. 6:e82
- Wesson DW, Carey RC, Verhagen JV, Wachowiak M (2008). Rapid encoding and perception of novel odors in the rat. Public Library of Science Biology 6, in press