We are excited to announce that Dr. Michaelyn Hartmann joined our department this semester as a lecturer in Biology. 

Dr. Hartmann earned her BS degree in Biology, Siena College and Ph.D. in Genetics and Molecular Biology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She worked as a Curriculum Fellow at Harvard Medical School and has extensive teaching experience at many universities and colleges. Since she has a strong background in genetics and research, she is now teaching Biology 2 (BI108), Cell Biology (BI203) at Boston University. 

She said: “I combine my passion for science and teaching to inspire the next generation of scientists. As much as my students are always learning, I am also always progressing as a teacher so I can help all students learn and succeed both in and out of the classroom. I am deeply involved in learning about and developing effective teaching methods to use in my classrooms to keep students engaged and active in the learning process. You will not only learn content in my courses, but you will learn how to apply that knowledge, how it relates to research and the world around you, and how to communicate science. I use educational research studies to assess student progress toward learning goals and gather feedback on the best ways to help students learn critical scientific skills.”

Click here for more info on Dr. Hartmann’s work.

Posted 3 years ago on in Faculty News, News