Home | Contact | General Information | Participants | Past Workshops | Program
Boston University Graduate Program in Bioinformatics
Advisor: Professor Daniel Segre
- David Byrne
- Hsuan-Chao Chiu
- Lina Faller
- Niels Klitgord
- Varun Mazumdar
- Bill Riehl
Advisor: Professor Yu “Brandon” Xia
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Institute of Biochemistry, Computational Systems
Biochemistry Group, Berlin
- Jessica Ahmed – Poster: Design and Analysis of Fragments for Drug Discovery
- Raphael Bauer – Oral Presentation: LaJolla: n-gram based detection of structural RNA features
- Stefan Günther
- Marc Hovestädt – Poster: Analysis of degradation of support fixed peptides by the 20S proteasome
- Anja Karlstädt – Poster
- Matthias König – Poster: Constructing kinetic model of the hepatocyte core metabolism
- Robert Lehmann – Oral Presentation: Mathematical Modeling and Simulation of the Human Apoptosis Signal Transduction Network. Abstract.
- Robert Preissner – Poster
- Joachim von Eichborn – Oral Presentation: A knowledge-based approach for predicting protein interaction sites
Freie Universität Berlin, Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Macromolecular Modelling Group, Berlin
- Özgür Demir – Poster: Kinase-specific phosphorylation sites predicted with linear scoring functions
- Aysam Gürler – Oral Presentation: Detection of non-sequential structural analogs
- Stefan Günther
- Walter Knapp – Poster
- Florian Krull – Oral Presentation: Scoring geometries of protein-protein complexes. Abstract.
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Institute for Theoretical Biology, Berlin
- Ilka Axmann – Oral Presentation: Evolution and function of circadian clock proteins: lessons from bacteria
- Martina Fröhlich – Poster: Modeling of water reabsorption through AQP2 regulation
- Susanne Gerber – Poster: Spatial modeling of cation homeostasis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Edda Klipp – Poster
- Yuehien Lee – Oral Presentation: Promoter analysis of genes involved in T-helper cell fate decisions and lineage maintenance. Abstract.
- Thomas Spießer – Oral Presentation: Is DNA Replication Rate Independent of Sequence Composition or Length in Budding Yeast? Abstract.
Kyoto University Bioinformatics Center
- J.B. Brown – Poster: New kernel methods embedded with electrostatic potential for compound analysis
- David Du Verle – Oral Presentation: CaMPDB: a resource for calpain and modulatory proteolysis. Abstract.
- Timothy Hancock – Oral Presentation: Active Pathway Identification and Classification with Probabilistic Ensembles
- Masahiro Hattori – Poster: Analysis of conserved physicochemical patterns of enzymatic reactions and their ligands
- Motoki Shiga – Oral Presentation: Annotating Gene Functions with Integrative Spectral Clustering on Microarray Expressions and Sequences. Abstract.
- Daichi Shigemizu – Oral Presentation: Analysis of Chemical Modification Patterns Extracted from KEGG Drug Structure Maps. Abstract.
- Masataka Takarabe – Oral Presentation: Characterization and classification of adverse drug interactions. Abstract.
- Takeyuki Tamura – Poster: Minimum Reaction Cuts of Metabolic Networks Under a Boolean Model
- Michihiro Tanaka – Oral Presentation: Analysis of lipid biosynthesis protein families and phospholipid structural variations. Abstract.
- Toshiaki Tokimatsu – Poster: Estimating the connectivity in secondary metabolite groups
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Computational Systems Biology Group, Berlin
- Nils Christian – Oral Presentation: TBA Network based function discrimination
- Christian Diener – Poster: Gradient Sensing in the Yeast Pheromone Response
- Heike Hameister – Poster: PCNA acts as a central switchboard during DNA replication and repair
- Clemens Kühn – Oral Presentation: Investigation of Osmoadaptation in yeast. Abstract.
- Xiaoging Li – Poster: Structural and kinetic analysis of circadian oscillators
- Katrin Tirok – Poster: Modeling photosynthetic electron transport and its adaptability
- Christian Waltermann – Oral Presentation: Crosstalk in signaling pathways in budding yeast
Max-Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Mathematical Cell Physiology, Berlin
- Martin Falcke – Poster
- Jonas Maaskola – Oral Presentation: Composition & dynamics of small RNA in C. elegans embryogenesis & development. Abstract.
- Thomas Schendel – Oral Presentation: Modelling the Ca2+-dynamics in Cardiac Myocytes. Abstract.
- Bianca Sprincenatu – Oral Presentation: Modelling cAMP and IP3 signalling pathways and their interactions. Abstract.
- Juliane Zimmermann – Poster: Modelling Actin-based Cellular Motility. Abstract.
Advisor: Professor Gyan Bhanot
University of Tokyo
- Seiya Imoto – Poster: Unraveling dynamics of biological networks towards domputational drug target discovery
- Kaname Kojima – Oral Presentation: A state space representation of VAR models with sparse learning for dynamic gene networks. Abstract.
- Satoru Miyano – Poster: Cell Illustrator Online and dynamic pathway databases
- Atsushi Niida – Oral Presentation: Expression module networks in various types of cancers. Abstract.
- Ritsuko Onuki – Oral Presentation: New kernel methods for phenotype prediction from genotype data. Abstract.
- Tetsuo Shibuya – Poster: Faster structural pattern matching algorithms
- Matsuyuki Shirota – Oral Presentation: Development of a meta-score to assess the quality of protein model. Abstract.
- Yoshiaki Tanaka – Oral Presentation: An assessment of prediction algorithms for nucleosome positioning. Abstract.
- Rui Yamaguchi – Poster: Exploration of systems changes in gene regulations from time-course gene expression data