BU Bands will be Moving!
After surviving in a temporary space for the past decade, Boston University Bands is proud to announce its move to a NEW, permanent facility!
The new Band Room will be in a renovated space at 300 Babcock St., just across the parking lot from the current Band Room at 278 Babcock St. It will have many wonderful features and amenities, such as:
- Clean, modern, academically-appropriate classroom & rehearsal space, outfitted with audio/visual equipment, and free of storage
- Acoustically treated walls and ceilings for hearing safety
- Three rehearsal areas (large, medium, and small), with only the large area being shared with the ROTC program
- Two locked storage rooms for electronics and percussion equipment
- Two hallways of personal instrument lockers with security cameras
- Swipe-card access to the “Band Suite” (area not shared with ROTC)
- Restrooms equipped with changing areas
- Organized storage for uniforms, instruments, equipment and music
- A shared office
- Wireless internet on the BU network
- Yard lines on the floor of the large rehearsal room for indoor marching practice
Renovations should be complete by Commencement in May, and we will begin moving in immediately afterwards. We are very excited about this new space, and we hope it serve the students of BU Bands for many years to come. If you have any questions or are interested in donating towards new equipment, please contact email@example.com.