This series is devoted to the publication of final excavation reports, surveys and ethnoarchaeological fieldwork. Excavation projects need not be ASOR-affiliated to be considered. The CAARI Monographs are a subset of the Archaeological Reports series. The CAARI Monographs subseries may include conference proceedings.
Kevin McGeough, Series Editor
Most Recent Publication
|Cyprus and the Balance of Empires:
Art and Archaeology from Justinian I to the Coeur de Lion
Between 491 and 1191 AD, Cyprus was influenced by various political and cultural centers that vied for dominance in the Eastern Mediterranean. This collection of essays primarily focuses on the island's archaeology when it was governed by the Byzantine capital of Constantinople. Greek and Orthodox Christian identity was cultivated during this period, which provided a sense of unity among the various provinces; and yet, the surviving historical and archaeological data concerning Cyprus is unique in that it expresses both local and regional characteristics. By investigating the various threads, whether textual, numismatic, architectural, or artistic, narrative has emerged that challenges our past assumptions. Read More...
20. Stewart, Charles Anthony, Thomas W. Davis, and Annemarie Weyl Carr. Cyprus and the Balance of Empires: Art and Archaeology from Justinian I to the Coeur de Lion. Boston, MA: 2014. Available from ISD.
19. Parker, S. Thomas and Andrew M. Smith II. The Roman Aqaba Project Final Report, Volume 1: The Regional Environment and the Regional Survey. Boston, MA: 2014. Available from ISD.
18. Oleson, John Peter and Robert Schick. Humayma Excavation Project, 2: Nabatean Campground and Necropolis, Byzantine Churches, and Early Islamic Domestic Structures. Boston, MA: 2014. Available from ISD.
17. Friedland, Elise. The Roman Marble Sculptures from the Sanctuary of Pan at Caesarea Philippi/Panias (Israel). Boston, MA: 2012. Available from ISD.
16. MacDonald, Burton, Larry G. Herr, D. Scott Quaintance, Geoffrey A. Clark, and Michael C. A. Macdonald. The Ayl to Ras an-Naqab Archaeological Survey, Southern Jordan 2005-2007. Boston, MA: 2012. Available from ISD.
15. Oleson, John Peter. Technical Reports by G.
Brown, M. Finnegan, J.D. Mitchell, C.T. Shay. Humayma Excavation Project, I: Resources, History and the Water-Supply System. Boston, MA: 2010. Available from ISD.
14. Richard, Suzanne, Jesse C. Long, Jr., Paul S. Holdorf, and Glen Peterman. Archaeological Expedition to Khirbat Iskandar and its Environs, Jordan. Volume One—Khirbat Iskandar: Final Report on the Early Bronze IV. Area C³ Gateway² and Cemeteries. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2010. Available from ISD.
13. Govaars, Marylinda; Spiro, Marie; and White, L. Michael. Field O: "Synagogue" Site. The Joint Expedition to Caesarea Maritima Excavation Reports (JECM) IX. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2009. Available from ISD.
12. Evans, Jane DeRose. The Coins and the Hellenistic, Roman, and Byzantine Economy of Palestine. The Joint Expedition to Caesarea Maritima Excavation Reports (JECM) VI. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2006. Available from ISD.
11. Lapp, Nancy, ed. Shechem IV: The Persian-Hellenistic Pottery of Shechem/Tell Balât'ah. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2009. Available from ISD.
10. Stieglitz, Robert R. Tel Tanninim: Excavations at Krokodeilon Polis, 1996-1999. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2006. Available from ISD.
9. MacDonald, Burton. The
Tafila-Busayra Archaeological Survey 1999-2001, west-central Jordan.
Boston, MA: ASOR, 2004. Available from ISD.
8. Swiny, Stuart, Rapp, George "Rip", and Herscher, Ellen, eds. Sotira Kaminoudhia. CAARI Monographs 4. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2003. Available from ISD.
7. Serwint, Nancy, and Diane Bolger,
eds. Engendering Aphrodite. CAARI Monographs 3. Boston, MA: ASOR,
2002. Available from ISD.
5. Swiny, Stuart, ed. The Earliest Prehistory of Cyprus. CAARI Monographs 2. Boston, MA: ASOR, 2001. Available from ISD.
4.Swiny, Stuart, Hohlfelder, Robert L. and Swiny, Helena eds. Res Maritimae. Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean From Prehistory to Late Antiquity. CAARI Monographs 1. Atlanta, GA: Scholars Press, 1997. Available from ISD.
3. Pratico, Gary D. Nelson Glueck's 1938-1940 Excavations at Tell el-Kheleifeh: A Reappraisal. Atlanta, GA: Scholars Press, 1993. Available from ISD.
2. Campbell, Edward F. Shechem II. Atlanta, GA: Scholars Press, 1992. Available from ISD.
Review of Humayma Excavation Project, I: Resources, History and the Water-Supply System (ARS 15), by Anne Lykke
The ARS is available for purchase by individual volume or by subscription via a standing order. To set up a standing order or an individual order, please contact ISD.
Customers in North America:
70 Enterprise Drive, Suite 2
Bristol, CT 06010
Customers in Europe and the Middle East:
University of Exeter Press
Reed Hall, Streatham Drive
Exeter, EX4 4QR
Tel: +44 (0) 1392 263066 Fax: +44 (0) 1392 263064