ASOR 2013 Annual Meeting Reminders and Deadlines
The 2013 ASOR Annual Meeting will take place from Nov. 20-23, 2013 in Baltimore, Maryland. Last year we had 921 attendees, and this year we expect that number rise to 1,000. We anticipate that Baltimore will be extremely crowded both because of the popularity of the ASOR meeting and because the very large AAR/SBL meeting that immediately follows our meeting. Please thus make your room reservation and register for the meeting now! We hope that you will check out the schedule of events, and we also ask that you keep in mind the following deadlines related to the Annual Meeting:
- Ongoing: Rooms at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center are almost sold out! As of August 10th, only 3 rooms remained for the peak nights (Thursday and Friday). Book your room now!
- September 6: Applications for student travel grants are due.
- September 12: Supersaver rates end; all rates go up $25 on this day.
- September 15: Nominations for book awards are due.
- October 1: Nominations for all other ASOR awards, including awards for service and contributions to the field of archaeology are due.
- November 6: Advance rates end; all rates go up an additional $25 on this day.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Britta Abeln or call 617-353-6570.