ASOR Seeks Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist
The American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR) invites applications for a “Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist.” The job will be a full-time, in-office, hourly position.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and should have experience using Wordpress, Facebook, and Twitter as outreach and engagement tools. Applicants should also have experience and demonstrated competency with Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, and Microsoft Excel. Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) and the ability to respond to service issues via e-mail and telephone are essential. Experience with the following is strongly preferred: using HTML in website design; creating analytics reports; and using CRM database software.
Review of applications will begin June 11, 2013 and continue until the position is filled. The start date is negotiable. Interested persons should apply by sending an e-mail with the following items to Kevin Cooney (ASOR’s Director of Publication and Membership Services; firstname.lastname@example.org): a letter of interest that addresses the job responsibilities listed below; a resume; and a list of three references.
- Responsible for executing the organization’s digital media strategy and providing excellent customer service to members, subscribers, and donors.
- Maintain the organization’s Facebook page, Twitter account, and blog under the auspices of the Friends of ASOR program.
- Communicate with potential contributors to solicit scholarly content for the blog.
- Works with staff to create promotional material for recruitment and retention efforts.
- Act as part of a team responding to customer inquiries and service issues while stewarding members, subscribers, and donors.
- Serve as point person for all Friends of ASOR initiatives.
Digital Media Tasks Include the Following:
- Solicit, organize, edit, schedule, and post pieces to organization’s blog using Wordpress.
- Coordinate with editors of organization’s e-magazine and e-newsletter to schedule, edit, and post pieces to organization’s blog and Facebook page.
- Gather, schedule, and post current news items related to archaeology daily to Facebook.
- Moderate and respond to comments on the organization’s Facebook page, Twitter, and blog.
- Cultivate relationships with other like-minded organizations for cross promotions on Facebook and blog.
- Create detailed monthly and quarterly analytics reports for organization’s blog, Facebook page, and website.
- Create, monitor, and report on campaigns using Google AdWords, and Facebook to promote blog posts, publications, fundraising efforts, and special events.
- Research and cultivate potential advertisers for organization’s blog, and monitor ongoing Google AdSense campaign.
- Work with ASOR staff on production process for webinars.
Promotional Material Tasks Include the Following:
- Design and create print and electronic advertising material (web ads, print brochures and flyers) for organization’s social media.
- Design and create print and electronic advertising material (web ads, print brochures and flyers) for organization’s print publications and events (three journals, three book series, annual meeting, and other smaller meetings).
- Design and create print and electronic advertising material (web ads, print brochures and flyers) for recruitment and retention of members, subscribers, donors, and Friends of ASOR.
Customer Service Tasks Include the Following:
- Process credit card and check payments from members, subscribers and donors.
- Maintain accurate member, subscriber, and donor information in database.
- Participate in direct mail and email appeals.
- Fulfill subscriber and member publication claims.
- Steward new members through email and direct mail.
- Provide excellent customer service to members and subscribers via email and phone.
- Train and oversee (under direction of Director of Publications) undergraduate volunteers and work-study students.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.