2020 SHORT WAVES: STORIES SHAPING OUR COMMUNITY
ABOUT SHORT WAVES
Short Waves: Stories Shaping Our Community is BAAFF’s screening of short videos in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May. The screening featured shorts collected from the Open Call. The top submissions were selected by a panel of distinguished judges at the event. The winner was determined by public vote of the finalists. The winner of the Short Waves Competition received automatic acceptance into the upcoming Boston Asian American Film Festival.
Asian Pacific Americans have long been making waves in all aspects of American life, but their stories have often been lost in general U.S. discourse. “Short Waves: Stories Shaping Our Community,” hopes to bring light to these stories through locally made, community driven short films about the Asian American experience and community.
FREE ONLINE SCREENING
Saturday, June 27, 2020 | 6:30PM
Pao Arts Center – 99 Albany St. (Chinatown) Boston, MA 02111
Up to 5-minute video to share your story about your Asian American life or community based on a personal experience.*Deadline: Sunday, June 7th, 11:59 pm
Short Waves winner benefits include:
– Sharing your story with the community
– Automatic acceptance into the upcoming BAAFF
– Network with other featured filmmakers & participate in Q&As
– 2020 VIP Festival Pass
Some sample topics may include:
– What Asian American issue are you most passionate about?
– Tell us about someone who has helped shaped your identity as an Asian American. (role model)
– What is a pressing issue that affects your Asian American community and how that affects you?
– How do you personally define your Asian American identity?
– How do you celebrate your Asian American identity? (family gatherings and rituals, etc.)
Questions? Please email email@example.com
*We reserve the right to refuse any submissions that we believe may be prohibited or inappropriate.