Come join BUCSA for the Asian Studies BA Launch Party! Enjoy Asian...
OPPORTUNITY: 2 Junior Research Group Leader Positions with the University of Heidelberg
In the context of the excellence initiative II of the German federal and state governments to promote top-level research in Germany the Ruprecht-Karls- University of Heidelberg is looking for the implementation of the institutional strategy: „Heidelberg: Realising the Potential of a Comprehensive University“ in the area of Transcultural Studies for two Junior Research Group Leaders.
The university is looking for outstanding young scholars to build up and independently lead a group of young researchers working towards a PhD degree in the following four thematically related fields:
- Cultural Heritage and Shaping of Traditions (Focus: Cultural Studies and/or Art History)
- Designs of Life and Configurations of Order in Different Cultures (Focus: Cultural Studies and/or History)
- Interpretations of World, Society, and History in the World Religions (Focus: Cultural Studies, History, Study of Religion, Theology)
- Transcultural Flows: Reciprocities and Asymmetries (Focus: Cultural Studies, Philologies, Geography)
- an above average PhD dissertation
- outstanding publications
- Experience in international research and
- Experience in the organization of larger cooperative projects or of large congresses is highly desirable
Aims of the implementation of the two junior research groups:
- experiment with the creation of new structures of staff and hierarchy in the arts and cultural studies;
- develop a new area of concentration of research in the humanistic studies which will interpret central questions of culture, religion, society and history;
- connect the existing area studies with their geographic emphasis on Asia, Europe and the Americas in a new way.
The Junior Research Group Leaders will be engaged from January 1st, 2014
The Junior Research Group Leaders will have the right to supervise PhD students and to evaluate their dissertation (Promotionsrecht). The teaching load will be four hours per week during term time. The salary level is (at the least) TV-L E15. Junior Research Group Leaders will be appointed until 31.10.2017. The positions are subject to continuous evaluation. Positions within the research groups are also temporary with a maximum time allotment of three years for PhD students (2 PhD students, salary level TV-L E13/2).
The application should contain a CV, list of publications and courses given, copies of certificates and an exposé of the Junior Research Group Leader’s proposed project as well as a description of the thematic focus and of the intended interdisciplinary composition of the potential group of young researchers (up to 10 pages) will have to be handed in by September 15th to:Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg Transcultural Studies Prof. Dr. Vera Nünning Marstallstraße 6 D-69117 Heidelberg.