Are you looking for a unique opportunity to expand your skill set and advance your career in arts administration, non-profit management, development, marketing, or live audio engineering and recording? Do you work well in a fast-paced, high-energy, diverse, and rewarding environment? Then look no further, the Bravo! Vail Summer Internship Program could be the perfect fit for you.
Nestled in the heart of Colorado, the Bravo! Vail Music Festival brings world-renowned musicians to picturesque venues throughout the Vail Valley for six weeks each year, drawing music lovers from around the world. The only festival in North America to host four of the world’s finest orchestras in a single season, Bravo! Vail celebrates its 33rd season June 25 through August 6. The 2020 season features the Vail debut of Chamber Orchestra of Europe and returning residencies by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, and the New York Philharmonic, plus celebrated soloists and a wide array of stellar chamber music performances throughout the summer.
The Bravo! Vail Summer Internship Program is unsurpassed in its reputation of advancing interns into successful careers in arts administration, non-profit management, and beyond. Interns have gone on to work with world-class orchestras, performance venues, festivals, and community-based non-profit organizations. Bravo! Vail is seeking ten highly qualified interns (Education & Engagement, Marketing, Development & Events, Audio Engineering, Operations, and Artist Liaison) who aspire to develop their skill set, seek to network with successful professionals, and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern at Bravo! Vail, you will work with a variety of our staff, and engage in real projects that will not only help our festival but also build your resume and career opportunities. The ideal intern candidate is willing to jump in, works well in a team environment, and knows how to problem solve in a variety of situations.
Highlights of the Bravo! Vail Internship Program:
• Intern Enhancement Activities: Throughout the summer, interns participate in open forum meetings with successful professionals from Bravo! Vail, the resident orchestras’ administration, and members of the Bravo! Vail Board of Trustees to get an insider’s perspective on many aspects of arts administration.
• Diverse Projects: Interns work on all aspects of the Festival including donor events, marketing initiatives, education programs, and operational components. This gives each intern a better perspective as to which area they would like to pursue as a career.
• Access to concerts: Interns are able to attend most Bravo! Vail performances.
What We Require:
• Studies in Arts Administration, Marketing, Music Education, Non-profit Management, Live Audio Engineering, Hospitality, or relevant program
• Ability to work well in a team environment with a variety of people and personalities
• Strong communication skills
• Professional, enthusiastic, and positive attitude even in high-pressure situations
• Flexible in nature, especially under pressure
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive projects
• Ability to problem solve and take initiative
• Strongly prefer candidates who are seeking an internship for school credit
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Additional skills and experience may be required for the Audio Engineering internship, including familiarity with recording classical music and mixing for live sound and sound system setup and operation.
The position begins Wednesday, June 10th and ends Wednesday, August 12th, 2020. Please note that the internship requires long hours; work hours vary significantly and include weekends and evenings. Housing will be provided free of charge for the duration of the program (available 6/8/20). You will receive a paid stipend and a mileage reimbursement for the internship, but you are responsible for travel to and from Vail. Bravo! Vail requires you to bring your own laptop and you must have a vehicle. This internship requires the ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time, and the capability to lift and carry heavy objects.
For full descriptions of each available position, please read the full job posting on our website here.
For more information on Bravo! Vail, please visit bravovail.org.
Deadline to apply is February 20, 2020. Please send a cover letter and resume (PDF files preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Your Name and Position Applying For” (i.e. “Joe Smith, Development”). If you are interested in more than one position, please make a note in the subject line and attach all application materials for each position. You will receive a response indicating receipt of your application(s).
Want to get an extra edge on your application? We want to get to know you! Include a link or attach a video of a short, 3-minute MAXIMUM video to email@example.com telling us about yourself. Here are some questions for which we are eager to hear your responses:
– What unique qualities could you bring to our team?
– Why do you want to work for Bravo! Vail?
– What do you hope to gain from this experience if you are given the opportunity?
Please note the quality of the video is NOT IMPORTANT. We just want to know more about who you are and how you would fit into our team. If you do post the video online, please only do so with a private setting.
Image Credit: Bravo! Vail