Joanne Langione Dance Center seeks a studio administrator to manage the day-to-day office, facility, business and customer service administration of our busy dance school located in West Newton, Ma. Working closely with the Managing Director, the Studio Administrator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors and inquiries. Handling requests for information and maintaining a friendly, welcoming environment;
- Connecting with and assisting students, parents and teachers;
- Receiving and directing all incoming correspondence including in-person, phone, email, social media and snail mail;
- Registering students for classes and handling tuition payments and billing;
- Handling clerical duties and maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing systems;
- Coordinating maintenance of office equipment and managing supply inventories;
- Overseeing facility maintenance and upgrades;
- Planning and implementing office systems and procedures;
- Preparing reports/documents and assisting with class scheduling and yearly planning;
- Updating website and social media accounts;
- Assisting with production of all aspects of annual performances;
- Managing small retail boutique and fittings for shoes, dance apparel and costumes;
- Contributing to team effort by completing tasks as needed.
The Studio Administrator reports to the management team and provides support to teaching faculty as needed.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong manager, who is a self-starter and able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- S/he will possess excellent customer service skills and should enjoy working with students and parents in an educational environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a positive attitude and a professional, calm demeanor and work comfortably in a fast paced, open-office environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational and management abilities, excellent computer skills and basic accounting skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in school or camp program, and knowledge of dance, a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite/Web Design/Studio Director a plus.
Named Best Dance Classes for Kids by Boston Magazine, Joanne Langione Dance Center is a community based school committed to providing exceptional dance training in a fun, loving and supportive atmosphere. With over 40 years of experience, JLDC offers a unique, age-appropriate dance program for dancers of all levels ages 6mo – 18years old.
Image Credit: JLDC