MassArt is looking for a Galleries Coordinator to join the Curatorial team! Please see the job description below and visit the link for more information on specific qualifications. We will begin reviewing applications on 01/09/2019.
Galleries Coordinator – Staff Assistant
Statement of Duties:
- Works directly with department staff to implement a range of communications including drafting correspondence, presentations, e-newsletters, social media posts, and maintaining relevant webpage and online calendar content
- Assists with coordinating logistics for public and educational programs (including booking visits with partner schools and MassArt faculty, arranging school-visit transportation, and supplies management)
- Coordinates all student employees for the department: manages scheduling, timesheets and contracts, and assists with recruiting and hiring
- Assists in all areas of operations including but not limited to, developing and maintaining of filing and image archiving systems, managing departmental calendar, and ordering supplies
- Helps with coordination of all college and public events at the museum, including overseeing event registration, facilities work orders, catering requests, public safety requirements, event set-up and staffing, technology needs, and related visiting artist travel and lodging arrangements
- Organizes and compiles budget and spending support materials including ProCard receipts, invoices and purchase requisitions, and contract employee payment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Promote the University’s commitment to diversity, collegiality, and service excellence by:
-Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
-Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
-Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Image Credit: MassArt Logo