NYTW’s 2050 Administrative Fellowship is a program designed to provide first-rate instruction and mentorship to young professionals who are underrepresented in the field of theatre administration.
For 20 years, New York Theatre Workshop (NYTW) has honed an inclusive fellowship program for emerging theatre makers with a multiplicity of perspectives. These fellowships have taken many forms, supporting playwrights, directors, designers and administrators.
The 2050 Fellowship is named in celebration of the U.S. Census Bureau’s projection that by the year 2050, there will be no single racial or ethnic majority in the United States. This projection provokes thoughts at New York Theatre Workshop about the transformations that will take place in the American landscape – technologically, environmentally, demographically and artistically. They are a catalyst for broader questions about our moral and artistic future.
We’re seeking enthusiastic candidates who are underrepresented in theatre administration. We encourage applicants with a unique perspective inclusive of race, color, religion, familial status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age and physical ability to apply. We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work, on and off stage. NYTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and all qualified applications will receive consideration.
NYTW will accept up to twelve 2050 Administrative Fellows per season. These fellowships will entail a yearlong commitment from July 2019 to June 2020.
As a 2050 Administrative Fellow, you will:
- Commit to a year-long paid part-time fellowship (30 hrs / week, Monday – Friday) in one field of interest including Artistic Workshop, Casting, Community Engagement, Development, Education, Executive, Finance & Operations, Literary, Marketing, Producing and Production (Production Management, Technical Direction or Costume Shop Management).
- Work directly with the department head and their team in the respective area of focus.
- Attend a three-day intensive seminar where you will be introduced to the field of arts administration, meet industry professionals, and begin to develop your fellowship goals and plans.
- Take on significant responsibilities in your department, including day-to-day tasks and long-term collaborative and individual projects.
- Participate in monthly seminar meetings to discuss your work, share ideas and receive specialized career-development training.
- Participate in brown bag lunches with members of the NYTW staff and invited guests and attend industry networking and social events.
- Present your work and experiences to staff and members of the NYTW extended community at an end-of-the-season fellows’ symposium.
2019/20 Fellowship Application Timeline
|March 15||Application Deadline (by 5 pm EST)|
|Mid – April||Fellowship Interviews|
|Late – April||Fellowship offers extended|
|July 8||Fellowship begins|
Additionally, we will be hosting a 2050 Administrative Fellowship Information Session at New York Theatre Workshop on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 6:30 – 8:00 pm, prospective candidate can RSVP here.
Learn more about the fellowship and how to apply here.
Image credit: NYTW logo