The Office for the Arts at Harvard (OFA) is seeking an Administrative Manager for Dance— Dance Program, Office for the Arts at Harvard, and dance in the Theater, Dance, and Media concentration.
The Office for the Arts at Harvard (OFA) supports student engagement in the arts and integrates the arts into University life. Through its programs and services, the OFA teaches and mentors, fosters student art making, connects students to accomplished artists, commissions new work, and partners with local, national, and international constituencies. By supporting the development of students as artists and cultural stewards, the OFA works to enrich society and shape communities in which the arts are a vital part of life. Dance is a core program of the Office for the Arts at Harvard, which is based within Harvard College (Faculty of Arts and Sciences).
Rooted in tradition, committed to innovating, the Dance Center supports studies in dance composition, improvisation, performance, choreographic design and history of dance with an emphasis on collaboration and trans-disciplinary inquiry. Dance offerings are comprised of non-credit courses taught by Boston area professionals, credit courses in Theater, Dance, and Media, performances, and visiting artist events. Approximately 1000 students participate across all areas of dance each academic year. The Dance staff manages Dance Center spaces and the Director’s Studio. Reports to the Dance Director who is also Senior Lecturer in the Theater, Dance, and Media concentration.
- Serves in leadership role in all aspects of dance administration and operations, including financial oversight and management, producing performances and events, and program archives.
- Manages administration and operations of dance spaces, co-curricular courses, events, symposia, performance, master classes, interdepartmental initiatives, and guest artist residencies.
- Oversees studio rentals, course registration and fees, and instructor payroll and agreements.
- With colleagues at the Office for the Arts, develops and monitors Dance budget, including support from Theater, Dance, and Media. Strategizes program growth opportunities and drafts grant proposals.
- BA / BS required.
- A minimum of five-year experience in a professional dance company or pre-professional dance school, comparable arts organization, or arts department in higher education.
- Experience in business management in the performing arts or comparable arts management.
- MA or MFA preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Experience in producing performance and/or special events.
- Grant writing and budgetary experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education environment preferred.
- MS Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro or other database experience, familiarity with Oracle applications a plus.
The position is full-time. All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
Image Credit: Office for the Arts at Harvard