With initial support from the Boston Symphony and others in the Boston area, William Moyer, then-Orchestra Personnel Manager of the BSO helped design and launch Project STEP (String Training Education Program) to provide comprehensive and long-term training, and a lasting connection to the surrounding community. The program opened its doors in 1982 with 7 students, and graduated its first two students in 1988. Since that time the organization has introduced 1,500 children to music through their FOCUS on the Public Schools and core programs.
Part-time (5-8 hours per week) public relations and marketing staff member with some design experience. The candidate’s responsibilities include writing press releases, developing story ideas for press and social media, contacting media outlets, posting and promoting events to the community, creating a public relations and marketing calendar, social media, networking and community relations to promote the organization, and possible web maintenance/design. In addition, the candidate will work with students and families in our program to collect interviews and information for future press opportunities. Design experience includes proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite to create digital designs for web and social media.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 2-3 years experience in public relations and social media
• Detail oriented with an interest in the arts and knowledge of the Boston arts and music community
• Self-motivated and able to be flexible about project deadlines
• Able to work closely and collaboratively with a small group of core staff members
• Strong written and communications skills
• Awareness of and support for Project STEP’s mission; understanding of cultural competency as it relates to the classical music profession
• Able to authentically represent our music program while tying in our mission for social justice
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Able to work remotely with availability for some in-office meetings and events
How To Apply:
Please send in a cover letter and resume and a writing and design sample by email to email@example.com with your last name and PRMarketing Position in the subject title
Please do not call about positions.
Note: Position compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Application deadline is October 10th, 2017.
More about the Organization:Projectstep