Poster House, a new museum in New York City dedicated to posters, is seeking a Development Director to plan and execute fundraising strategies for the organization. The Development Director will work closely with the Director and Board President to identify sponsorship opportunities, cultivate individual support, and coordinate grant applications to foundations and government agencies. The Development Director will also be responsible for organizing stewardship and fundraising events, and managing communications with donors.
Immediate responsibilities include seeking support for the first two years of programming, and establishing the Development Department for the museum alongside the museum’s Director and Board President.
- Work with the Director and Board President to identify and engage corporations, foundations, and individual funders in support of Poster House’s exhibition and event programming.
- Conduct research and grow Poster House’s group of supporters and attract new donors.
- Plan and schedule community outreach events.
- Maintain donor tracking tools, files, and other department related materials.
- Prepare reports and other documents for both internal and external audiences.
Hours: Poster House anticipates opening in late 2018. For the first year of this position, hours will be flexible and primary responsibilities will be seeking corporate sponsorship and individual contributions for the first two years of exhibitions and events. After the museum’s opening, hours and working days are subject to change.
The Development Director will report directly to the Museum Director and Board President. Salary commensurate with experience. Employee benefits package provided by the museum.
- At least 3 years of development experience, preferably in the museum/non-profit sector.
- Experience with private foundation and government grant processes.
- Knowledge of the fields of graphic design, posters, and art in general.
To apply for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com