Do you love connecting with new people every day and dream of working in a creative environment? Do you get excited about working in the startup and innovation community? Are you looking for a position where you can combine your strong hospitality skills, love for processes and organization, and outgoing personality to make an impact?
District Hall is Boston’s home for innovation, and we’re excited to be adding an Events Coordinator to our team! This is a fast-paced and integral role in our growing not-for-profit organization, working with clients across business, academia, government, and civil society.
The Events Coordinator will manage our pipeline of client events and assist with daily operations in a very unique space: a highly visible and active gathering place specifically designed for the innovation community to meet and connect. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn the ins and outs of running both an event space and a mission-driven not-for-profit as part of a small, effective team.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:
- Events coordination: (NOTE: we expect this will comprise > 85% of daily responsibilities)
- Client communication for general inquiries, events, and programs
- Managing the full life-cycle of each incoming event request, from inquiry to fulfillment in a timely and professional manner (including quoting & booking, client communication, contracts & invoicing, and event logistics confirmation)
- Assisting in cost reduction decisions for events that meet our sponsorship criteria
- Preparing reports on event revenue, impact, and metric tracking
- Straightening up conference rooms and meeting areas throughout the day.
- Event support, including site visits for client tours and event set up/staffing assistance
- Acting as the primary liaison between our team and our on-site restaurant/hospitality partners
- Operations & Engagement:
- Assisting with daily building and program operations, including: troubleshooting AV equipment and technical systems, placing and overseeing building work orders, managing incoming phone calls and general inquiries, website maintenance, and other tasks as needed
- Supporting our own programming and resources including Café Nights, Office Hours, etc.
- Representing District Hall at events throughout Boston’s innovation community
- Special projects on an as-needed basis for District Hall and the Venture Café Foundation
- Please note: though this position will largely be during standard business hours, some evening and weekend staffing will be required.
The best candidates will likely have the following skills + interests:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field or equivalent experience.
- Strong hospitality background – able to keep guests engaged and happy while resolving problems.
- Excellent organizational, project, and task management skills, including attention to detail and enthusiasm for efficiency and processes. We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running with our existing systems and continue to improve them.
- Interest in events and events management for clients. Client events are the backbone of everything we do, including the success of our mission and impact.
- Outstanding communication skills and comfort with public speaking. Ability to do so independently, on a small team, and among stakeholders in formal and informal settings.
- Experience and comfort with managing conflicting priorities, including a steady stream of client communications, logistics, and transactions via email, phone, and in person.
- Flexibility – we’re a fast-paced workplace and you won’t be at your desk all day. We rely heavily on each other and our partners, and a proactive attitude is key.
- An appreciation for the role of creativity in developing better tools, spaces, products, and services – and an enthusiasm for seeing these at work.
- You are familiar with Boston and its neighborhoods.
- Graphic design skills, familiarity with WordPress, and comfort with Google products a plus
- Ability to lift < 40 pounds can be necessary when resetting rooms.
- Genuine excitement about being a critical part of the success of a unique, fast-paced, and impactful space with a tiny (but awesome) team.
This is a full-time position with a full benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Ready to apply? Click here!