More Student Discounts
- ArtsEmerson performances with occasional exceptions have a $20 non-member rush rate, while student members get $15 rush.
- Student rush tickets (most of the time $20) are offered by Celebrity Series of Boston for select performances at Symphony Hall, NEC’s Jordan Hall, Citi Wang Theatre, Citi Shubert Theatre, Berklee Performance Center, Sanders Theatre, Pickman Hall, and Calderwood Pavilion (2 tickets per student with ID; cash only; subject to availability).
- Check out the Boch Center Student Discounts page to see what discounts they’re offering for upcoming shows at the Shubert and Wang Theatres, from comedy, music and theater!
- Boston Chamber Music Society offers student discounted tickets at $8 per person to their six concerts at Harvard’s Sanders Theatre and $10 to their two concerts at MIT’s Kresge Auditorium. They also have student rush tickets at $5, available 90 minutes prior to each Sanders Theatre concert. Additional savings are available for block purchases.
- The Boston Modern Orchestra Project offers $15 tickets to students for all their Jordan Hall concerts, which can be purchased either through their website or at the Jordan Hall box office. Group sales are organized by request.
- BU students can get $10 tickets at the Boston Philharmonic by entering the code code STU-DIS.
- The New England Philharmonic offers free tickets to the BU Community with BUID or use the code BUARTS to reserve online.
- Boston Baroque offers $10 tickets to students, available 90 minutes before each concert (2 per valid ID). They also offer $30 tickets for non-students under 30 – available before the concert as well.
- The Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras offers Free Community Concerts, $3 off at all concerts at Tsai Performance Center, and $5 off for the concerts performed by their Premier Orchestra.
- Cantata Singers and Ensemble offers $10 single student rush tickets 90 minutes before each concert with valid ID.
- Handel and Haydn Society offers $25 advance student tickets and $15 student tickets available 90 minutes before the concert at the door (1 per ID).
- Most of the concerts at the New England Conservatory are free.
- The Boston Lyric Opera offers tickets at a 50% discount to students. Tickets are available at the Citi Center box office located at the Wang Theatre (2 tickets per student with ID; subject to availability.) Students can also subscribe to the entire BLO season at a 50% discount by calling BLO Audience Services at (617) 542-6772.
- Actors’ Shakespeare Project offers student rush tickets to all its performances for $15 with a valid student ID. Tickets go on sale one hour prior the performance at the venue of each production and are subject to availability.
- Boston Playwrights’ Theatre, right here on our campus, offers students $10 tickets at the door and online (there is a processing fee for online).
- Students with a valid student ID can purchase tickets in advance at the American Repertory Theater for $25. Student rush ticket can be purchased for $15. (One ticket per ID, subject to availability.)
- If you want to see Blue Man Group in Boston, $30 student rush tickets can be purchased one hour prior to the performance with a valid college ID (limited to two tickets per ID), based on availability. Only cash payments are accepted.
- The Brattle Theatre specializes in repertory format showings of classic, cutting-edge, foreign, and art-house films, with $9 tickets with valid student ID.
- Broadway in Boston offers $25 student rush tickets (rush policies vary by show) one-hour prior to curtain with valid student ID. You may only purchase one ticket per ID. Show-by-show policies typically posted on their Facebook page.
- Students can purchase $20 tickets in advance to the Huntington Theatre Company through their website or box office (617 266 0800) or in-person at either of their theatres (the BU Theatre on Huntington Avenue or the Calderwood Pavilion on Tremont Street). Student rush tickets are also available two hours before curtain.
- Shear Madness offers $20 student rush tickets with ID an hour before the show.
- The Lyric Stage offers $10 tickets with valid student ID half an hour before the show. For $77 you can get the “Student Six Tix” subscription, which includes six tickets to be used in any combination throughout the season, guaranteed seating in advance, and subscriber benefits.
- Central Square Theater offers $15 tickets to Boston University Students using the code BUID. Students may also purchase a 5 ticket package for $65. This package may be used as they please (all at once, or, in an combination – and not everyone needs to be a student). And, after the 5 tickets have been used, you may buy another package! Discounted tickets are subject to availability.
- Full time college students can get $25 rush tickets at the Boston Ballet two hours prior to performance at the Boston Opera House box office (1 ticket per student with ID; cash only; subject to availability.)
- MIT’s List Center exhibitions and programs are always free and open to the public.
- Boston Cyberarts runs the Boston Cyberarts Gallery, which is free and open to the public Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm to 6pm.
- The Mary Baker Eddy Library at the Christian Science Plaza offers $4 student tickets with ID, and is open Tuesday-Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
- Looking for more? Thrillist compiled a list of 16 FREE (or sometimes free) Boston Museums. Check it out!