Art in a Pandemic: Call for Art
BU Art Galleries is seeking submissions for artwork influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic. Artwork that is selected will be included in the Summer 2021 exhibition “Art in a Pandemic” on view June 11 – September 10, 2021.
How has the pandemic affected you – your mental health, finances, decision making, creativity? Between quarantine, stay at home orders, and zoom classes, have you “barely survived” or have you thrived?
The BU Art Galleries is seeking submissions of artwork on the theme of the COVID-19 pandemic. Current BU students, staff and faculty will have the academic year to create work for the Summer 2021 exhibition “Art in a Pandemic” in the Stone Gallery (855 Commonwealth Ave.). A student jury will select the final works to be displayed. Selected artists will receive a $100 honorarium. This exhibition is open to both art and non-art majors throughout Boston University.
BU Art Galleries
855 Commonwealth Avenue
- Artist must be a current BU student, staff or faculty member
- Must be able to present completed work by the April deadline
- Must be on the theme of “pandemic”
- 3D works may be considered, but cannot exceed 24 x 24 x 24 inches
- Student may submit more than one work (but only 1 honorarium per artist will be awarded)
Please include the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 2, 2021:
- Name, email, major or school or college and expected graduation year
- Title of work, dimensions, medium, special hanging or installation requirements
- A brief summary or description about your work
- Images of your work (please attach to the email proposal, do not submit a link)
- Any other supporting documents relevant to your work
– Artworks submitted without the above information may not be considered.
Timeline and Deadlines:
Friday, April 2, 2021 Proposals due to email@example.com
Friday, April 30, 2021 Jury makes final selection
Monday, May 3- Friday, May 7, 2021 Artists drop off artwork to gallery
Exhibition dates: June 11 – September 10, 2021