Independent Work for Distinction Archaeology Department Guidelines
GUIDELINES FOR INDEPENDENT WORK FOR DISTINCTION (IWD)
The following are the final Guidelines as approved by the Faculty.
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF WORK
- May 15: Submission of project proposal by the students
- October 15: Submission of an outline with bibliography
- December 10: Decision on proposal to be conveyed to student
- January 31: First Draft due
- February 15: Decision to allow continuation of work
- March 10: Final draft and defense
- Selection criterion will be GPA 3.5 minimum unless considered qualified due to exceptional reasons and strong letters of recommendations.
- Before the students begin working on research topic, they will be informed of possible termination of research in case of unsatisfactory progress after review.
- Strict compliance with the planned schedule of work is highly recommended.
- The Readers will receive almost finished, corrected and final copies of research work, not the first rough draft for corrections.
- In the absence of Faculty advisor on leave or otherwise, a substitute advisor may be appointed if available. Otherwise, the IWD will not be undertaken.