Here are numerous resources to assist students in securing funding and employment.
A good place to begin looking for government jobs nation-wide.
- AIA Resources – Jobs
Free listing service for all jobs related to archaeology. Postings updated daily and available through a weekly email service.
- AAA Job Database
Comprehensive listings for positions in all subdisciplines and specialities of anthropology.
CRM job postings from throughout the U.S. Opportunities are emailed out to subscribers.
Job postings from throughout the U.S.
- The Student Conservation Association
- The Great Basin Insitute – Nevada Conservation Corps
The Great Basin Institute fulfills the mission of land stewardship through education, volunteerism, research, and environmental service through its partnerships with agencies, such as the Bureau of Land Management, United States Forest Service, Nevada State Parks, US Fish & Wildlife Service and the National Park Service.
- The California Conservation Corps
- The Maryland Conservation Corps
- The Pathways Program (recent grads only)
Under President Obama’s leadership, the Federal Government has taken steps to help students and recent graduates join the Federal service. New opportunities will appear on USAJOBS as agencies post them.
- Crow Canyon research internships
Crow Canyon offers paid summer internships to undergraduate and graduate students in archaeology, anthropology, education, and related
- American Museum of Natural History internships (highly competitive)
The Anthropology Internship Program offers academic credit, unpaid and paid internships for undergraduate and graduate students interested in careers in anthropology, museums or related fields. Anthropology interns work on projects relating to the collections or to the ongoing research interests of the curatorial staff in the museum or in the field.
- AIA Resources
The site map to the AIA.
- AIA Fellowships
Each year the AIA awards several fellowships for archaeological studies.
- BU Office of Fellowships and Scholarships
- Graduate Research Abroad Fellowship (GRAF)
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- African Studies research funding sources
- American Association of University Women
- American Council of Learned Societies Dissertation Fellowships
- Chad DiGregorio Grant-in-aid for Department of Archaeology PhD students
- Guggenheim (Harry Frank) Foundation Dissertation Fellowship
- Huntington Library, Art Collections, & Botanical Gardens Fellowships
- Institute of International Education (Fulbright)
- National Research Council/Ford Foundation Predoctoral/Dissertation Fellowships for Minorities
- National Science Foundation Dissertation Improvement Grants
- Smithsonian Institution Fellowships
- Social Science Research Council
- Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research
- Winterthur Museum, Garden and Library Dissertation Fellowships
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation