Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, National University of Singapore
University or Organization: National University of Singapore
Department: Centre for English Language Communication
Job Location: Singapore, Singapore
Web Address: http://www.nus.edu.sg/celc/
Job Title: Lecturers
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
The Centre for English Language Communication (CELC), National University of Singapore invites applications for full-time non-tenure track teaching position:
Applicants should have:
– A PhD or Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics, TESOL or a related field
– A sound record of and strong commitment to teaching, with a minimum of three years’ experience at the tertiary level
– Evidence of scholarly output would be advantageous.
Successful applicants will be required to:
– Develop and teach various courses at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
– Undertake pedagogical research
– Serve the Centre and the University through involvement in ELT-related projects and activities
About the Centre
The Centre runs a range of courses, which include English Proficiency, English for Academic Purposes, English for Specific Purposes, Professional Communication, Critical Thinking and Writing, Interdisciplinary Writing, English for Graduate Students, and Thesis Writing. Applicants can find full course descriptions on the CELC website.
The commencing salary is competitive and will depend on the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Successful applicants will be required to commence work in July/December 2014. Shortlisted applicants will be notified within one month of the closing date.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter which addresses their suitability for the position for which they are applying. The letter should be sent via email to the application email below with the following documents:
– A detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses (including email) of three referees and a statement of current and expected remuneration
– Copies of degree scrolls
– Student/staff evaluations of courses taught in the last two years
– A statement of teaching philosophy and methodology (max. 1,000 words)
Only new applications will be considered. Shortlisted applicants may be asked to provide additional documents to support their application.
Closing date: 31 July 2014
Application Deadline: 31-Jul-2014
Email Address for Applications: email@example.com
Ms Doris How
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2784