Jobs: German; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Consultant, Ivona Software an Amazon company
University or Organization: Ivona Software an Amazon company
Department: Development Center Gdynia
Job Location: Gdynia, Poland
Web Address: http://www.ivona.com
Job Title: Linguist – Austrian
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
As a Linguist for Austrian German you will work alongside Software Developers and Audio Engineers who are subject matter experts in speech synthesis and related fields to define and fulfill linguistic data needs. You will be working on tasks to help record Austrian German audio data with a professional voice talent and assist in producing a TTS voice. You will help the TTS team with linguistic expertise throughout the whole voice building process.
Project duration: 3-4 months with potential for extension.
The tasks include:
– Annotating and reviewing linguistic data,
– Monitoring the recording process of Austrian German TTS voices
– Creating test cases for natural language processing modules,
– Labeling text with semantic, syntactic and morphological features,
– Validating the quality of the recording data
– Testing the TTS voice
– Native speaker of Austrian German and fluent in English,
– Solid communication skills,
– Strong personal interest in language technology,
– Attention to details and good organizational skills.
This position requires presence and availability in Vienna in July for 3-4 weeks and remote availability for another 2-3 months after the recording process is complete.
Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2014
Email Address for Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address for Applications: http://www.ivona.com/us/jobs/
Technical Recruiter Bartosz Kwiatkowski
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-2508