Jobs: German; Historical Ling; Syntax; Text/Corpus Ling: Researcher, Universität Potsdam
University or Organization: Universität Potsdam
Job Location: Potsdam, Germany
Job Title: Research Assistant
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): German (deu)
The research group ‘Referenzkorpus Frühneuhochdeutsch’ at the University of Potsdam, Germany, invites applications from (historical) linguists (M.A. or equivalent) for a research position (50%, salary according to TV-L E13). The starting date for the position is April 15th, 2014 or as soon as possible. The position is open until filled and will end March 31st, 2015.
The project aims at building a morphologically and syntactically annotated corpus of Early New High German. The key duties of the position include the following responsibilities:
– Coordination, guidance and support of a group of student annotators
– Close cooperation with associated research groups at the university of Bochum and Halle
– Quality assurance (consistency of annotations, annotation guidelines)
– Presentation of the results (conferences, workshops)
Applicants should demonstrate the following skills:
– Solid knowledge of (Early New High) German
– Experience with linguistic annotation (in particular lexical and syntactic annotation tagsets/schemes)
– Good organizational and analytical skills
– Good communication skills
– Experience with MySQL and Unix/Linux are desirable but not mandatory.
Applications should include a CV, an outline of research experience as well as a list with possible referees.
The University of Potsdam is an equal opportunities employer. Applications of women are thus especially encouraged; applications of disabled persons will be given preferential treatment to those of other candidates with equal qualifications.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Ulrike Demske
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-836