Jobs: English; Phonetics: Phonetician, Appen Butler Hill
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: Appen Butler Hill
Job Location: —————-
Web Address: http://appenbutlerhill.com
Job Rank: Phonetician
Specialty Areas: Phonetics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Appen Butler Hill, a global language technology solutions and consulting firm.
The successful UK English and Australian English phonetician candidates will
be native speakers of the target language (either UK English or AU English)
and have experience in phonetic data analysis, including segmentation and
synthesis evaluation in the target language.
- Location: Remote, Global
- Hours: 20-hours-per-week position
- Length of assignment: starting on June 17 and ending on September 15, 2013.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly skilled in phonetics (at least an M.A. in linguistics)
- Native speaker of either UK English or Australian English
- Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Knowledge of phonetics and phonology of the target language, including
prosody, allophonic variants, register and dialect variations
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with audio transcription tools, e.g. Praat, Audacity, etc.
- Availability for 20 hours per week, for the 13 week duration of the project
- Some experience in language technology, particularly in speech
processing–either in academia or in industry is welcome
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=1&rid=596
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2437