Jerome Kaplan, MA, CCC-SLP
Phone: 617 353-9687
- BA: State University of New York at Albany
- MA: New York University
- SH 740 Introduction to Clinical Practicum
Scholarly and Practice Interests
Adult neurogenic communication disorders: stroke, traumatic brain injury, neurological disease
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Hoover, E.L.. Kaplan, J.H. (2009): Starting an Aphasia Center in an Academic Setting: A Review of the First Years. Seminar presentation at the annual convention of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, New Orleans, LA
- Kaplan, J.H., Straggas, Vincent (2003): “After Words”: Documentary Film about aphasia presented at the Citi Center, Boston.
- Kaplan, J.H. (2000): “Faces of Aphasia”: Presentation about Aphasia at Boston University to raise public awareness featuring members of the Aphasia Community Group
- Kaplan, J.H. Driscoll, Ellen (1997): “Mum’s the Word”: Public Art Installation about aphasia featuring members of the Aphasia Community Group.
- Kaplan, J.H. (Ongoing): Aphasia Community Group: Support Program for Persons with Aphasia and Related Disorders (founded in 1990).
Licensing and Certification
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech Language and Hearing Association (CCC-SLP)
- Massachusetts State License in Speech-Language Pathology