If you’d like to learn more about aphasia, a great deal of information, news and other resources are available online. Here are some helpful sites:
- National Aphasia Association
- American Stroke Association
- National Stroke Association
- Aphasia Hope Foundation
- National Institute of Health
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- “Recovering After a Stroke”
- The Harold Goodglass Aphasia Research Center at Boston University
Video – “After Words”
The documentary “After Words” was produced in 2003 by speech-language pathologist Jerome Kaplan and filmmaker/director Vincent Straggas. It features members of the BU Aphasia Community Group, as well as performing artists Jan Curtis, Julie Harris, Bobby McFerrin, Robert McFerrin, and Patricia Neal, all of whom were affected by aphasia and related disorders.
The sequel, “After Words 2,” was released in 2012.