The goal of the Aphasia Resource Center is to expand into a clinical and translational research center at Sargent College. We aspire to become the nation’s preeminent aphasia clinical research and rehabilitation center.
The goals of our research are as follows:
- Systematically implement our previously developed assessment and rehabilitation practices to enhance the communication skills of individuals with aphasia.
- Develop a systematic, evidence-based protocol in diagnosing and rehabilitating patients with aphasia.
- Facilitate effective translation of research evidence into clinical practice.
- Implement periodic and comprehensive behavioral assessments to monitor changes in communication skills among patients who attend therapy at the Center.
- Provide the infrastructure to foster interdisciplinary clinical research collaborations with other Boston-area universities that use the Center as a recruitment site.
- Provide an incubator for generating research ideas by junior faculty. We will support post-doctoral scholars, graduate students and visiting scientists who develop and pursue research projects that are part of the Center’s mission.
- Disseminate and translate findings to scientists, clinicians and consumers.