Interventions and Assessments
- Cutoffs for Unhealthy Alcohol Use Are Actually Lower than Those Often Suggested
- Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention in General Practice: Can You Lead a Mule to Water?
- Is Low-Risk Drinking an Appropriate Treatment Outcome for Individuals with Alcohol Use Disorders?
- Naltrexone for Alcohol Dependence May Be Particularly Beneficial among People Who Smoke
- Topiramate Did Not Increase Abstinence from Methamphetamine but Might Reduce Use
- Voluntary Brief Intervention for Multiple Substances Is of Questionable Benefit in Young Adult Men
- Alcohol-Related Deaths in Scotland: Care for People with Dependence is Available, but High-Quality Care Is Lacking
- Light Drinking May Relate to an Increased Risk for Certain Cancers
- African-American Adolescents Are Less Likely to Sell or Use Illicit Drugs but More Likely to Be Arrested
HIV and HCV
- Pretreatment Alcohol Intake and Duration of Pretreatment Abstinence Do Not Impact HCV Treatment Outcomes
- Decreased Quality of Care for HIV-Infected People Who Use Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Methadone Maintenance after Prison Release Reduces HIV Injection-Risk Behaviors but Not Sex-Risk Behaviors
Ethical Conduct of Alcohol and Other Drug Research: Feature Article
- Ethical Considerations in Research Using the Drug of Addiction as Treatment: What Can Researchers Learn from Heroin Prescription Studies?