Past Issue: March–April 2009
Interventions and Assessments
- Brief Intervention in the Hospital May Reduce Prescription Drug Misuse
- QTc Screening When Prescribing Methadone: A Practice Guideline
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment: Evaluation of a National Implementation
- Can Prazosin Be Used to Treat Alcohol Dependence?
- Treating Methamphetamine Dependence Reduces Risk for HIV
- Brief Family Treatment in Primary Care Might Lessen the Burden of Having an Addicted Relative
- Is the 3-Item AUDIT-C as Accurate as the Full 10-Item AUDIT in Detecting Unhealthy Alcohol Use?
- Risk of Atrial Fibrillation Rises in Women Consuming 2 or More Drinks per Day
- Moderate Drinkers Are at Lower Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heavy Episodic Drinking, Not Average Alcohol Intake, Increases Risk of Stroke
- Substance Abuse Linked to Tuberculosis Transmission and Treatment Failure in the United States
- Untreated Hepatitis C infection is Associated with Decreased Health-Related Quality of Life in Patients Receiving Methadone
- Risky Single-Occasion Drinking Appears to Be the Norm for Young Swiss Men