Past Issue: July–August 2012
Interventions and Assessments
- Prevalence of Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Increased after Bariatric Surgery
- Interim Methadone with Limited Counseling for 4 Months Yields Similar 12-Month Outcomes as Methadone with Standard Counseling
- A Retrospective Study of High-Dose Baclofen for High-Risk Drinking Supports the Need for a Randomized Controlled Trial
- Does Alcohol Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment Work for Adolescents Presenting to Emergency Departments?
- Do Patients with Alcoholic Cirrhosis Require Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma?
- Even Occasional Cocaine, Opioid, or Amphetamine Use Persisting into Middle Age Increases Mortality
- Higher Quality of Life Seen among Regular Moderate Drinkers than among Abstainers in Canada
HIV and HCV
- Association between HIV Treatment Status and Alcohol Metabolism
- Injection-Drug and Heavy Alcohol Use Did Not Affect Hepatitis-C Treatment Outcomes in an Australian Study
- Providing Rapid HIV Testing in Drug Treatment Centers Increased Testing Rates, but Adding Counseling Did Not Reduce Sex-Risk Behaviors
- Entering Methadone Maintenance Treatment Has Little Impact on HIV Sex-Risk Behaviors in Heroin-Addicted Adults
- Screening Tool to Identify Candidates for Pre-exposure HIV Prophylaxis in Men Who Have Sex with Men Includes Amphetamine and Alkyl Nitrite Use