Past Issue: January–February 2009
Interventions and Assessments
- Topiramate Shows Potential for Treatment of Alcohol Dependence
- Antiretroviral Therapy Has Equal Benefit for Injection Drug Users and Nonusers
- Social Reinforcement and Stepped Counseling Combined with Medication May Improve Abstinence in Patients with Alcohol Dependence
- Does Opioid Agonist Treatment Impact HIV-infected Patients' Use of Antiretroviral Therapy?
- Primary Care Integrated with Substance Abuse Treatment and Ongoing Primary Care Utilization are Associated with Remission at 5 Years
- Confidence and Judgment Are Important for Medical Management of Alcohol Dependence
- Unhealthy Alcohol Use Is Associated with Medication Nonadherence
- Possible Cardioprotection from Moderate Drinking Limited to People with Other Unhealthy Behaviors
- Pain and the Nonmedical Use of Prescription Opioids
- Drinking in Excess of US Guidelines and Heavy Episodic Drinking May Increase the Risk for Metabolic Syndrome
- Does Moderate Alcohol Consumption Reduce Microvascular Complications of Type 1 Diabetes?
- Does Heavy Alcohol Intake Increase the Risk for Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Disease?
- Alcohol and Drug Use Common in Hours Preceding Illness or Injury
Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Health: 2008 Year in Review
- Click here to access all the clinically relevant research covered by the newsletter in 2008, alphabetized by subject.